The e-texts provided by Project Gutenberg are very good. However, sometimes you want to get rid of those darn line breaks inside of the paragraphs. While reading a FAQ on Archive.org I found a way to do so. For convenience sake I am giving the solution here:
You can use Microsoft Word to achieve this, but many text editors also do the trick:
- Step 1: Find two paragraph markers ("^p^p")
- Replace these with a neutral character (e.g. "#")
- Step 2: Find one paragraph markers ("^p")
- Replace these with a single space (" ")
- Step 3: Put 2 paragraph markers back in by replacing the chosen neutral character (e.g. "#") with "^p^p".
Note: If your text includes the character "#", simply choose a different "neutral character" instead.
Thanks to the people at Archive.org for the hint!